I was tagged by the lovely mumisthewordblog on Twitter to take this adorable little quiz/survey/thingimajig all about my first (and so far, only)-born! I wouldn’t have the first clue who to tag on Twitter to do this, but if you like the idea of it, post the quiz on your blog and tweet me the link @maddyleigh1994 and I’ll re-tweet it! Also be sure to head on over and follow @mumisthewordblg on Twitter too!
All about your first born!
1. Was your first pregnancy planned? I think to say it was a surprise is putting it lightly! It most certainly was not planned!
2. Were you married? Nope – Daf and I had been together for two and a half years when I found out I was pregnant!
3. What was your reaction to finding out? Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit. What am I going to do? Oh shit.
4. Were you induced? Yep. One thing I will say is that it’s not always as horrific as people make out, and don’t assume you’ll automatically need an epidural!
5. How old were you? I was but a whippersnapper, all of nineteen years old…
6. Who did you first tell? Daf, when I called through the toilet door to ask “What does it mean if there’s a cross on it?” (referring to the plus sign on the stick I’d just peed on).
7. How did you find out? I thought I had a UTI. Did a pregnancy test just to rule it out so I wouldn’t have the doctors shouting “IS THERE A CHANCE YOU MIGHT BE PREGNANT?” across the entire doctors surgery as they were known to do. Bish bash bosh I was six weeks pregnant. Yep, I ignored that first missed period. As you do.
8. Did you want to find out the sex? We wanted to initially, and then when SB had her legs crossed like a demure little lady (pfft) at the scan, we decided to keep it a surprise for when she was born. I’m really glad we did; it was an amazing moment when Daf found out before me and was able to tell me we’d had a daughter!
9. Due Date? April 28th 2014
10. Did you deliver early or late? I was induced three weeks early due to the beginnings of pre-eclampsia.
11. Did you have morning sickness? Ugh. Yes. All day, every day until sixteen weeks. Sorry again to the bloke in the ALDI car park who stepped out of his fancy BMW and straight into a puddle of sick. Soz.
12. What did you crave? Not sure if I ever mentioned it to anyone (HA HA) but McDonalds chicken nuggets. Thank goodness we had a 24 hour McDonalds five minutes away. Daf made SO many 3am trips there to get me nuggets. No other nuggets would do.
13. How many pounds did you gain from your pregnancy? Despite all the nuggets, I only gained 5 kilos. I’m too lazy to convert that into pounds.
14. What was the sex of the baby? A girl!
15. Did you have any complications during labor? Aside from being a 3-day-long induced labour, it was actually amazing – I was able to stay active the whole way through, didn’t need an epidural and had some bloody fantastic hallucinations on gas & air. Oh and there was the whole tear that needed two hours of stitching with local anaesthetic that didn’t work properly, but I had SB in my arms by that point, nothing else mattered!
16. Where did you give birth? At my local hospital.
17. How many hours were you in labor? From the first contraction after the first induction pessary went in, I was in labour for a total of sixty five hours. Of which two hours 45 minutes was counted as actual ‘active’ labour, and nine minutes were pushing. She took her time but once she was ready to come out she didn’t hang around!
18. How much did your baby weight ? 7lbs 3oz
19. What did you name him/her? Her name is Celyn, but we call her SB on the blog.
20. How old is your first born today? Today she is exactly nineteen months old!
Aww I loved doing that! I don’t miss being pregnant, but that did make me all misty eyed for the nice bits (and then I re-read my answer to the morning sickness question and my head just kind of went NOPE nope NOPE nope N0P3 nOPe nope NOPE.
Thanks for the tag, mumisthewordblog! Don’t forget, if any of you do the tag, tweet the link to me and I’ll RT!